Please help us to comply with the data protection principles (set out briefly in section 3 of this policy and in further detail below):
- please ensure that you only process data in accordance with our transparent processing as set out in our Privacy notice;
- please only process personal data for the purposes for which we have collected it (i.e. if you want to do something different with it then please speak to the Club Secretary first);
- please do not ask for further information about players and / or members and / or staff and / or volunteers without first checking with the Club Secretary;
- if you are asked to correct an individual’s personal data, please make sure that you can identify that individual and, where you have been able to identify them, make the relevant updates on our records and systems;
- please comply with our retention periods listed in our Privacy Notice and make sure that if you still have information which falls outside of those dates, that you delete/destroy it securely;
- please treat all personal data as confidential. If it is stored in electronic format then please consider whether the documents themselves should be password protected or whether your personal computer is password protected and whether you can limit the number of people who have access to the information. Please also consider the security levels of any cloud storage provider (and see below). If it is stored in hard copy format then please make sure it is locked away safely and is not kept in a car overnight or disposed of in a public place;
- if you are looking at using a new electronic system for the storage of information, please talk to the Club Secretary first so that we can decide whether such a system is appropriately secure and complies with GDPR;
- if you are planning on sharing personal data with anybody new or with a party outside the FA structure then please speak to the Club Secretary before doing so who will be able to check that the correct contractual provisions are in place and that we have a lawful basis to share the information;
- if you receive a subject access request (or you think somebody is making a subject access request for access to the information we hold on them) then please tell [insert name] as soon as possible because we have strict timelines in which to comply;
- if you think there has been a data breach (for example you have lost personal data or a personal device which contains personal data or you have been informed that a coach has done so, or you have sent an email and open copied all contacts in) then please speak to the Club Secretary who will be able to help you to respond.
If you have any questions at any time then please just ask the Club Secretary. We are here to help.